Setting goals before 2018 is an important practice in business as well as in our personal lives. Success at next year’s outcome is dependent upon taking time to reflect on the current year, analyze the successes and failures and then strategize how to move forward and evolve. Finding your inner motivation is key for setting and achieving goals for improvement, whether it be at work or at home.
Ruben Digital belongs to the BNI Northbrook Pro Givers. As a global organization BNI strives to guide its members in leadership, business development and positive long-term relationships with quality business professionals. Local chapters connect and extend to a global network. Often individuals lack the motivation or feel stuck in a rut and are unable to move forward.
This week’s blog features BNI’s Blog: 5 Ways to Dig Deep and Motivate Yourself to Succeed
“Motivation is often something you have to develop within yourself, and isn’t something you can follow a simple three step process to get. No one can motivate you to succeed except yourself.”
1. Surround yourself with people who hold you accountable or make you want to do more. Business partners, spouses and friends can help encourage you to take the necessary steps to get out of your rut. While long-term motivation comes from within, the people in your life can give you the short-term boost you need to put yourself on the right path.
2. Listen to a podcast or audiobook that inspires you. This could be something that makes you laugh, a non-fiction book by someone you look up to, or something that helps you grow a skill. What inspires you as an individual to do more will impact what you consider to be a inspiration podcast or book.
3. Prioritize your to do list. For some people, looking at the things on your plate and nothing what is of highest importance can help motivate you to take steps toward accomplishing goals. At the same time, don’t just prioritize the list. Actually take steps each day to make something on that list happen. Accomplishing something, even something small, can help improve your self esteem and make you want to accomplish more.
4. Cut out the negative people in your life. Your attitude is often the sum of the people you spend the most time with. If those people are negative, you will find that you are negative as well. You don’t need to completely remove these people from your life, but if your goal is to be positive and feel more motivated to work harder, these people are not the best to have in your inner circle.
5. Set aside time for yourself. Maybe the reason you lack motivation to grow your business or hit your goals is because you feel like you are always working. Take time each day for yourself to do something you enjoy, such as meditation, taking a walk or playing with your children. Disconnect from your email and give this activity your undivided attention for just an hour each day. You’ll be amazed how the simple act of disconnecting can help you recharge.”